Frequently asked questions
From here you will find answers to our frequently asked questions.
What file formats should I use when delivering material?
- Transcription: We are able to receive transcription material in all audio and video formats.
- Subtitling: We are able to receive subtiling material in all video formats.
- Proofreading: The best results are achieved when you send the material to us in Word format. We are also able to receive other text formats, but in these cases you should always check with us beforehand.
How can I send you the files?
What are your delivery times?
- Transcription: We are able to complete transcriptions very quickly. For example, we can transcribe 10 hours of material in just 3 days of receiving the material. You will receive the finished material on the day stated on the offer at the latest. If you need the material even earlier, we can agree on a tighter schedule.
- Subtitling: We deliver ready-made subtiles for a one hour video within couple of days. If you need the material even earlier, we can agree on a tighter schedule.
- Proofreading: The delivery times vary depending on the length and subject matter of the text and on whether the text requires content editing (agreed upon separately). You will receive the finished material on the day stated on the offer at the latest. If you need the material even earlier, we can agree on a tighter schedule.
How much does your service cost?
Is there room for negotiation in the pricing?
If the project is more extensive than usual, we offer a volume discount. If you wish to know more, ask us for an offer.
When will you invoice my order?
We send invoices for completed jobs within a few days of their completion. With more extensive projects we use monthly invoicing based on the progress of the project.
Can I pay for future transcription / subtitling / proofreading jobs in advance?
If you wish, we can sell so-called “advance credits” that you can use as you need with a flexible schedule after paying the invoice. Tell us if you would like to purchase these credits when you ask for an offer.
How can I pay my invoice?
Payment is made with an e-invoice (corporate clients) or at your online bank on the basis of an invoice delivered to you via email or mail.
How long is the payment time?
As a rule, the payment time of our invoices is 14 days.
How will I receive the completed work?
We will send the completed material to your email according to a schedule we agree upon separately.
Did you receive the files I sent in for transcription?
Once you have submitted your audio files via the submission form at spokencompany.com/material, you will be taken to a confirmation page that lists all the files we received. If you are uncertain about whether the files made it through, please email us at email@example.com or call us at +358 50 339 2407 and we will make sure we receive everything.
For how long will the links to completed jobs sent to me via email work?
For information security purposes, the links we send remain valid for 10 days counting from the reception of the email. If the links have expired, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 50 339 2407).
Can I be sure that the information and content I send to you remains confidential?
Information security and confidentiality are of primary importance to us. All of our employees adhere to an obligation of confidentiality and we also describe all matters pertaining to confidentiality in great detail in our general terms and conditions. Files are transmitted using protected SSL connections and our service is always protected with up-to-date methods.
What are your general terms and conditions?
Our up-to-date terms of agreement may be found here.
What does your 100% satisfaction guarantee mean?
The satisfaction of our clients means everything to us. If you are not happy with the quality of our work, and we have not been able to improve the quality within one round of corrections, you do not need to pay us anything for our service.
Who are your clients?
Our clients include university researchers, law firms, research companies, corporations and private individuals. We are able to serve all of our client groups according to their specific needs. For more information on our clients, see our Clients page.
How do I contact you?
The quickest way to contact us is sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at +358 50 339 2407. We are quick to reply during office hours on weekdays.
Contact us if you have any questions